BEFORE JOINING CRUISE SHIP THE TOTAL PROCESS
So, After registration how long it will take you to be on board/ship/cruise, the process of obtaining a cruise ship job involves many steps like:
1. Pre-Screen Interview, Pre-screening interview is the first step of your process, The Interviewer will be analyzed/ review your resume/ CV to ensure you meet the minimum requirement of the vacant position. In this round Interviewer will ask you basics about yourself like:
what is your total experience, what is your total qualification, which is your current company, what is your current profile there, since how long you are with the company, etc? The Pre-screening can be done by Skype if you are not in the city or it can be done in the designated address which is informed prior.
2. Technical Interview or Final Interview, Basically the interviewer will call you for technical round or final round only if you are selected in pre-screening interview, they will give you a fixed date and time for your next round. In this round they go through your technical like how is your communication, they will check your depth of knowledge, they will analyze that is you are fit for that position which you apply or you are not fit for the same.
If everything will be as per requirement then they will let you know for further process in a moment or in a few days, if your department is Culinary or something you need to perform practically then the Interviewer will call you some other day.
3. Processing/ Documentation, If you are selected then they will ask you to start processing or preparation of required documents like, Passport, STCW Certificate, CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate) it could be the Indian CDC, Bahama CDC, Belize CDC, etc. Medical, Yellow Fever Vaccination, and Visa (C1D visa/ Shenzhen visa).
4. Travel facilities/Onboarding Once everything is done then the company will give you a brief introduction about your new Journey with beautiful company and they will provide you travel facilities like tickets as per company policies like some company provide flight ticket for fresh crew and some company will ask you to pay your flight expenses during your first contract for one way. but some companies will give you both side flight details as well as travel expenses (hotel stay, food facility etc.) like Norwegian Cruise Line.
So this is the total process to join cruise ship job,And finally you are on board…..
THE TOTAL TIME PERIOD WILL TAKE YOU FOR YOUR WHOLE PROCESS IS MINIMUM 3 TO 6 MONTH.
How much money you need during your process
1. Rs. 2000 to 3000(depend on agencies) for marlins test, Marlins test is the most popular marine English test which is mandatory to get a job at sea. This amount you will have to pay your agency who will conduct your online test.
2. Rs. 7000 to 8000 for your medical and this amount you will have to pay Doctor’s clinic directly, which includes MMR Vaccination and tetanus. It includes the Yellow Fever Vaccination which costs you Rs. 300.
3. Rs. 23500 for STCW 2010 Certificate, INDOS No., and Indian CDC(Continuous Discharge Certificate Rs 700). This amount you will have to pay Directorate General of Shipping Approved Institute only, This cost varies marginally from institute to institute.
4. Rs. 500 PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) This amount you will have to pay directly Passport Seva office.
5. Rs. 12000 approx. for US-C1D visa, This amount you need to pay directly bank which is approved by the US Embassy. or Rs. 5500-8000 for Schengen Visa, which you have to pay VFS or Embassy.
6. Air ticket depends upon company to company, some of the company provide both side ticket like Norwegian cruise line, but some of the company will ask you to pay one-way ticket cost like Carnival cruise line. The amount depends upon the ship itinerary/port.