Merchant Navy is really high-risk and high pay Job This is why everyone is searching about salary in the merchant navy. The merchant navy job is not a land-based job. Merchant navy job is a Seabase Job where staff and crew need to be onboard during his or her duty. In merchant, navy staff needs to stay on board until 6-8 months, which is his/her contract period time. Once he/she finished their contract then they can go on vacation for 2-3 months.
Salary in Merchant Navy |Merchant Navy Ranks and Salary
Salary in merchant navy depends on the type of Ship and Company, Different ships and different company could be a different salary in merchant navy.
The tanker staff gets paid higher than bulk career or container, If your ship is a guest ship, LPG, and Chemical ship then your salary will be higher than tanker ship staff.
The salary of a seafarer is totally tax-free if a seafarer is sailing for at least 183 days in years, Only you need to maintain the NRI status.
The captain is the master of the ship and he is responsible for all the command on board, and this is the reason he gets paid higher than all the staff on board.
Instead of Captain, Chief Engineer is the second command of the ship, The Chief Engineer is the whole command of Engine Department.
Merchant Navy Captain Salary is between $ 14,000 USD to $16,000 USD depending on the category of ship and Company.
Chief Engineer Salary in merchant navy is between $13,000 USD to $15,000 USD, depending upon company to company and Ship to ship.
Merchant Navy Officer Salary | Merchant Navy Salary per Month
Merchant Navy Chief Officer Salary is between $10,000 USD to $12,000 USD per month depending upon Company to company and Ship to Ship.
Officers in Merchant Navy are responsible for reporting to the master of the ship and are categorized as 2nd officer and 3rd officer.
The 2nd officer salary in the merchant navy is between $4,500 USD to $5,500USD per month depending upon company to company and ship to ship.
The 3rd officer salary in the merchant navy is between $3,000 USD to $4,000USD per month depending upon company to company and ship to ship.
The 2nd Engineer salary in the merchant navy is between $10,000USD to $11,000USD depending upon company to company and Ship to Ship.
The 3rd Engineer salary in the merchant navy is between $4,000USD to $6,000USD depending upon company to company and Ship to Ship.
The 4th Engineer salary in merchant navy is between $3,000USD to $4,000USD depending upon company to company and Ship to Ship.VIDEO CREDIT GO TO THE CAPTAIN SUNIL
The Engine Cadet salary in the merchant navy is approximately $550 USD per month, It may be vary depending upon company to company.
Able Seaman salary in the Merchant Navy is between $1200USD to $1500 USD depending upon company to company and ship to ship.
What is Merchant Navy?
Merchant Navy is a fleet of merchant vessels that are registered in a specific country. In a Simple way, we can understand that Merchant Navy is a commercial field where we can do import and Export from another country.
If you are looking for Merchant navy Jobs then there are three different departments for job seekers like Deck Department, Engine Department, and Catering Department.
The Engine Department is responsible for maintaining the engine and machinery, the head of the department is Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer’s salary is around $13,000USD to $15,000USD per month.
The Deck Department is responsible for cleanliness in the department. The Chief Officer is the head of the department and the salary of a Chief Officer is around $10,000USD to $12,000USD depending upon company to company.
And the third department is the catering department and this department is responsible for food preparation for all the staff onboard. The executive Chef is the head of the department and his salary is around $2500USD to $3500USD per month.
Qualification for Merchant Navy |Eligibility of Merchant Navy
- The merchant navy courses are offered Under Graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG), and Certificate Levels Program.
- The Eligibility criteria for different courses are different, here you will find some common eligibility criteria for merchant navy courses.
1. Six Month Merchant Navy Courses
- Your age must be between 17.5 to 25 years old for Six-month merchant navy courses.
- If you are just 10th pass with Maths, English, and Science with at least 40% marks then you are eligible for a six-month course.
2. Bachelor Course Requirement for Merchant Navy
- Your age must be between 17-25 years old.
- The candidates must have completed 12th classes with PCM ( Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- To appear in the Merchant Navy exam, you just need to score 60% marks.
3. Diploma Courses Requirement for Merchant Navy
- Your age must be between 25-28 years old for Diploma Course in merchant navy.
- If you want to do ONE YEAR Diploma course then you must pass 12th with PCM(Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and English.
- English is a compulsory language for Diploma Courses in the merchant navy.
- If you want to do TWO YEARS Diploma Courses then you must have clear Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Electronics Engineering/ Marine Engineering/ Ship Building Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks.
4. Post Graduate Courses Requirement for Merchant Navy
- The maximum age limit for MBA courses in the merchant navy is 25 years old.
- The maximum age limit for GME courses in the merchant navy is 28 years old.
- Candidates with any bachelor’s degree from a recognized university are eligible for MBA.
- For GME, Candidates must hold BE degree (Bachelor of Engineering ) in Naval Architecture/ Mechanical Engineering.
Related Article:- If you want to work on a cruise ship then you can apply through these agencies, These all the agencies are free recruitment agencies.