Salary is a really big factor for cruise ship crew members that is why they want to know what is the salary of a Laundry attendant on a cruise ship? The truth about the salary of a cruise ship crew member depends on Cruise ship company to company. The cruise companies pay good salaries but some of them pay an average salary to their crew members.
The salary of a Laundry boy on a cruise ship is between $800-$1200 USD depends upon company to company. A big company pays a good salary to their crew members like Norwegian cruise line, Carnival Cruise Line, etc. Some small companies Like TUI pay an average salary to their Crew Members.
Cruise Ship Jobs Qualification|Requirements to Work on Cruise Ship as a Laundry Boy
- You must have a minimum of two years of relevant working experience.
- You must be at least 21 years old. If you are 18+ then you can apply for the Child care team.
- A valid passport is a basic document for cruise ship Jobs.
- If you want to work on a cruise ship then you must have at least a 10th or 12th pass from a recognized board.
- You should meet the criteria of the International language that is English. And it should be very fluent.
- Your current profile should be working status. If your current working status will be unemployed then no one will hire you for a cruise ship job.
Documents Required for Cruise Jobs
There is a basic documents you must have for cruise ship jobs like:-
- A valid passport.
- The Safety certificate ( STCW).
- CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate).
- BSID Card( Biometric Seafarer Identity Document).
- A valid Visa like C1D Visa, Schengen Visa, etc.
- The Valid medical is one of the key documents for seafarers, etc.
The Upper mentioned document is very very important for all the seafarers and this document is compulsory for all crew members.
You can apply for Cruise Ship Jobs by hiring a partner website or you can go through the direct company website. Both ways of applying for cruise ship jobs are good, You can choose as you are comfortable.
Laundry Attendant Job Description| Laundry Attendant Duties
The Laundry Attendant job role is really very important role and It is very Responsible job in the department, He/ She need to perform many task Like:-
- Shorting is a primary job of a laundry attendant.
- Washing is a secondary job of any laundry attendant.
- Drying, Pressing, and folding clothes is also the key work of a laundry attendant.
- Inventory of the linen, Issue of linen, etc. is also important work for a laundry boy.
- The laundry boy is also responsible for tracking the items, Which items belong to whom.
Duty hours of a laundry Attendant on Cruise Ship
The duty hours of a laundry boy on a cruise ship is a minimum of 9 to 10 hours. If you exceed more than 10 hours of work onboard then you will get paid overtime money which will come with your salary.
Off/Leave on Cruise Ship for Laundry Attendant
Onboard there is not even a single day you will get, but yes If you are medically unfit then you can get off as per the doctor’s recommendation. In most of the case, you will get few hours off like 12 hours off, 24 hours off, etc.
If you have any emergency at your home then you can leave as per request but in that situation, you will have to pay for your flight tickets.
Note:– If you have any queries about cruise ship jobs/updates then feel free to comment below.