Assistant Security Officer is a key person on board who has lots of essential responsibility to take care of guests and crew members. Assistant Security Officer directly reports to Chief Security Officer, Who is the command of Security department. The Chief security officer has whole ship responsibility.
The Qualifications of Assistant Security Officer are:-
- You must have at least 7 years of military training or Low Enforcement experience is required or other applicable experience.
- Level of English- You should know Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including proper English grammar.
- You must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments, and deadlines.
Education of Assistant Security Officer | Assistant Security Officer
- You must have a minimum high school diploma or foreign equivalent is required. Preferable education is college-related.
- Very important is a basic safety course certificate and appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced level of training in all facets of security to include the completion of a recognized security officer course from a recognized organization is required.
The courses listed below are preferences for this position:-
- Introduction to Improvised Explosive Devices IEDs.
- Improvised Explosive Device Threat.
- Detection of Improvised Explosive Devices.
- Use of Screening Equipment associated with IED’s minimum of 3 hours.
- Basic X-ray screening course training (40 hours minimum).
- Non-lethal retention training.
- Investigation training.
Attributes to Work on Cruise Ship
- Able to work 7 days a week.
- With respect to all crew members and guests onboard.
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, fun, and excitement.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service drove.
- Must have a professional appearance and hygiene.
- Positive Behaviors, Smiling, Polite, and Courteous.
- Ability to live in close quarters and sharing rooms with other mates.